This remarkable region has a history of boom and rust. In 1997, we saw a new direction. Natural beauty, outdoor recreation, and small town charms could be the raw materials that revitalize communities through tourism.
We’ve provided financing and business coaching to help people like you to grow businesses and create jobs for the region. The results include better than 638 loans totaling more than $94 Million plus 5,821created or retained jobs and counting.
With help from foundation, state and federal sources, we’ve built a nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution capable of lending in Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Maryland.
Watch the video for an overview of The Progress Fund, some of our borrowers’ stories, and our partnerships (3 minutes):
- We are a non-profit community development financial institution focused on new or expanding tourism businesses.
- We serve Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Maryland.
- We provide loans from $5,000 to over $1 million.
- Business coaching comes with the loan.
- We’ve financed accommodations, attractions, entertainment, farms, outdoor recreation, restaurants, retail, service business, wine and spirits makers and other small businesses.
- We encourage job creation, historic preservation, diverse business ownership, local agriculture and trail-based development.